– What is it? –
- Painful areas of muscle that contain Trigger Points or knots that form when muscles do not relax
- Often can be felt under the skin
- May irritate the nerves around them and cause referred pain, or pain felt in another part of the body
- Can manifest as tension headaches, tinnitus, TMJ pain, decreased range of motion in legs and low back pain
Trigger Point Injection
- Outpatient injection give into the Trigger Point, performed by a licensed healthcare provider
- May be dry needling, numbing medication and possibly a steroid
- Needle does not go very deep
Initial appointment includes a thorough exam by a licensed healthcare provider to determine if you are a candidate for injection and proper placement. 1 injection is included in the cost of the exam.
$150 / exam + 1 injection
$50 / each additional injection
Once you are an established patient, or Mobile Med member, appointment cost is determined by the number of injections you receive.
$75 / each injection
We do not bill through insurance. An invoice may be provided, upon request, that may be submitted to your insurance for possible reimbursement.
Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before scheduled appointment. Any cancellation made less than 24 hours prior will incur a $25 fee.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
**Injection appointments are not in-home appoinments. All patients will be scheduled at our Powell office.
Bethany Recker, MD
Mobile Med Primary Care Medical Director & Aesthetics Director
Gregory LaFontaine, PA-C
Urgent Care & Primary Care